COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As is common practice on many websites, Côté Maison sites may place and access cookies, web beacons, Flash cookies, and other technologies.
You can refuse the use of your data for interest-based advertising on the Côté Maison Websites:
• by disabling cookies in your browser at any time by following the instructions provided below,
• by visiting the http://www.youronlinechoices.com/fr/controler-ses-cookies/website (find out more on the IAB Francewebsite),
• by visiting the http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ website,
• by clicking on the following link to set cookies on the site.
You will still receive advertisements but they will not be interest-based. Please note that third parties, such as advertising networks, advertising agencies, advertisers and audience segment providers, may also, when you visit The Côté Maison Websites, create and access cookies, pixel tags, Flash cookies and other technologies on your computer. We invite you to consult their cookie management policy.
• Site use: to help us recognize your browser as that of a previous visitor and to record the preferences you determined during your previous visit to the Site. For example, we may save your login information so that you do not have to log in each time you visit the Site;
• Social networks: to check if you are connected to third-party services (Facebook, Twitter, Google+…);
• Targeting:to allow us to target (emailing, basic enrichment) in post or in real time the Internet user who browses our Site;
• Advertising: to help us personalize the content and advertisements you see when you visit the Site;
• Audience measurement:to track statistical data on Site traffic (i.e., users’ use of the Site and to improve Site services) and to help us measure and study the effectiveness of our interactive online content, features, advertisements and other communications.
What are cookies used for accompanying advertising content served by third parties?
When you access a site or application containing advertising or promotional space broadcasting one of our advertising or promotional operations, this advertisement may contain a cookie. This cookie is likely, subject to your choices, to be saved in your Terminal and to allow us to recognize the browser of your Terminal during the period of validity of the cookie concerned. Cookies embedded in our advertisements or promotional ads served by third parties are used for the purposes described below, subject to your choices, which result from the settings of your browser software used during your visit to our Sites that you can express at any time.
The Cookies that we may issue allow us, if your Terminal has allowed their registration, according to your choices
• to count the number of displays and activations of our advertising content broadcast on third-party sites or applications, to identify these contents and these sites / applications, to determine the number of users who clicked on each content,
• to calculate the sums due to the actors of the advertising distribution chain (communication agency, advertising agency, site / distribution medium) and to establish statistics,
• to adapt the presentation of the Site to which one of our advertising or promotional content leads,
• according to the display preferences of your Terminal (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Sites and according to the hardware and software of visualization or reading that your Terminal contains,
• according to the location data (longitude and latitude) that are transmitted to us (or to our service providers) by your Terminal with your prior consent,
• to follow the subsequent navigation carried out by your Terminal on sites or applications or on other advertising content.
What is the point of seeing advertisements adapted to your browsing?
Our goal is to present you with the most relevant offers possible. To this end, cookie technology makes it possible to determine in real time which offer to display to a Terminal, based on its recent navigation within our Sites. You may prefer to see offers of products and services that correspond to what interests you rather than offers that have no interest for you.
If you share the use of your device with other people
If your Terminal is used by several people and when the same Terminal has several browser software, we cannot be sure that the services and advertisements intended for your Terminal correspond to your own use of this Terminal and not to that of another user of this Terminal. If necessary, the sharing with other people of the use of your Terminal and the configuration of your browser settings with regard to cookies, are your free choice and your responsibility.
Personal data and browsing information
We may adapt our offers intended for you to information relating to the navigation of your Terminal on our Sites or within sites or services published by third parties and on which we issue cookies. Insofar as you have provided us with personal data concerning you, in particular your electronic contact details, when you register or access one of our services, we may, subject to your choices, associate navigation information relating to your Terminal, processed by the cookies we issue, with your personal data in order to send you, for example, electronic prospecting or displaying on your Terminal, personalized offers that are more specifically intended for you and likely to be of more interest to you.
You may at any time ask us to no longer receive advertisements or prospecting adapted to the browsing information of your Terminal, by contacting us directly and free of charge, or by means of the unsubscribe link included in any prospecting that we may send you by email. If necessary, the advertisements that you may continue to receive, unless you object to us, will no longer be adapted to the navigation of your Terminal.
In addition, in the event that we consider obtaining from a third party (targeted advertising provider, advertising agency, etc.), navigation information of your Terminal that we could associate with the personal data you have provided to us, we would first request your explicit consent before proceeding to such an association and to send you advertisements or prospecting that would result.
We may use pixel tags (also known as clear GIFs, pixels or action tags) to provide a better service, better target interactive advertising and improve the usability of the site. These technologies are pieces of code that come in the form of a tiny graphic image on a web page or in an email. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on your computer, such as cookies, the time and date a page was visited, and a description of the page on which the web beacon is placed. In general, any file offered as part of a web page can act as a web beacon.
We use web beacons for a variety of tracking purposes, such as:
• to determine whether you are connected to the Site or a third-party service;
• to measure behavior: opening an email, visiting a page, etc.
• to collect technical information about the individual behind the behavior: IP addresses, machine configuration, etc.
Third parties may also use web beacons on the Site to receive information for audit, research and reporting purposes, or to understand your interests and to select and deliver advertisements tailored to your interests.
Some of the Site’s third-party partners may use Flash cookies, otherwise known as locally shared objects (LSOs). They are used to identify your interests through the articles you view and more generally to track user behavior in different ways. Local Shared Objects store cookie-like data in a folder on the user’s computer, and they are installed through Adobe’s Flash Player video player.
Your Choices Regarding Cookies and Web Beacons:
You have the choice to configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, inform you when a cookie is issued, its validity period and content, as well as allow you to refuse its registration in your terminal, and delete your cookies periodically. You can set your Internet browser to disable cookies. Please note, however, that if you disable cookies, your username and password will no longer be saved on any website. For more information about how to delete and control cookies stored on your computer, visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/fr/
1. How to exercise your choices depending on the browser you are using:
• Firefox TM :
1. Open Firefox
2. Press the “Alt” key
3. In the menu at the top of the page click on “Tools” then “Options”
4. Select the “Privacy” tab
5. In the drop-down menu to the right of “Retention Rules”, click on “Use custom settings for history”
6. A little further down, uncheck “Accept cookies”
7. Save your preferences by clicking “OK”
• Internet Explorer TM:
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. In the “Tools” menu, select “Internet Options”
3. Click on the “Privacy” tab
4. Click on “Advanced” and uncheck “Accept”
5. Save your preferences by clicking “OK”
• Google Chrome TM :
1. Open Google Chrome
2. Click the tool icon in the menu bar
3. Select “Options”
4. Click on the “Advanced Options” tab
5. From the “Cookie settings” drop-down menu, select “Block all cookies”
• Safari TM :
1. Open Safari
2. In the menu bar at the top, click on “Safari”, then “Preferences”
3. Select the “Security” icon
4. Next to “Accept cookies”, check “Never”
5. 5. If you want to see which cookies are already saved on your computer, click on “Show cookies”
2. How to opt out of interest-based advertising
To opt out of interest-based advertising on the Côté Maison Sites:
• set the cookie to opt out of targeted advertising by visiting the Your Online Choices Site and following the instructions given there for companies registered on this platform
• deactivate the cookie directly on the website of the company depositing the cookie via the opt-out procedure (opposition to the deposit of cookies), see table of companies listed below.
Please note that even if you opt out of this service, you will still receive advertising, but you will no longer receive interest-based advertising. If you delete your cookies, you will then have to refuse them again. Similarly, if you use another Internet browser, you will have to refuse these cookies again. For more information, visit the IAB France Website and the Adobe Flash Website.You can also click on the following link to set cookies on this website.
3. How to exercise your choices on your mobile device:
Your mobile device can be set to refuse advertising targeting:
• Apple / IOS 6.0 :
1. Go to Settings
2. Select Privacy
3. Select Advertising
4. Turn off “Limited ad tracking” to turn off tracking by iAd (Apple’s ad network)
• Android / Google Play Store 4.0 :
1. Open Settings
2. Select Account or Sync (depending on your device)
3. Select Google
4. Select Privacy or Announcement (depending on your device)
5. Click Turn off interest ads
• Windows / Windows 8 Mobile Device :
1. Open Settings
2. Choose Ad Settings
3. Change the options
4. List of other partners:
For actors who are not members of the above-mentioned initiatives, you will find below the opposition links:
|Social network||Click here|
|Social network||Click here|
|Social network||Click here|
|AT Internet||Audience analysis||Click here|
|Google Anal, bbytics||Audience analysis||Click here|
|24/7 Media||Advertising||Click here|
|Improve digital||Advertising||Click here|
|Media Innovation Group||Advertising||Click here|
|Open Ad Stream||Advertising||Click here|